Plug-in Media is a quadruple-BAFTA winning production studio with a reputation for producing work of the highest quality. We make games, apps, animation and interactive experiences for an enviable international client list consisting of the biggest names in entertainment both across the UK and in the USA. Our busy studio has a positive and cheerful atmosphere, where everyone’s voice is heard. It’s true to say that while everyone here works hard, we all have a lot of fun doing it!
Plug-in Media is looking to find a Mid-level Artist to come and work in our busy studio in Brighton. We have a full slate of diverse and exciting gaming and animation projects across several platforms, and are looking for some extra support for our busy art team.
Plug-in Media is a 4xBAFTA winning production studio with a reputation for producing work of the highest quality. We make games, apps, animation and interactive experiences for an enviable international client list consisting of the biggest names in entertainment both across the UK and in the USA. Our busy studio has a positive and cheerful atmosphere. Everyone works hard, but we like to have fun whilst we’re doing it. We’re not saving lives, we’re just making the best children’s media in the world - and there’s no point in being too serious about that! We have regular company outings (tickets to the Brighton Fringe Festival is a favourite), have free sandwich or soup Thursdays (depending on the season), the odd barbeque in the park, and all the usual, traditional company benefits such as up to 25 days holiday, childcare vouchers, bike scheme and the like. We’re really happy to hear from parents and are pleased to consider requests for flexible working.
As a cross-media production company, we expect our team members to be agile in their skillset. You will likely be working on both games and animation projects, and the cornerstone of being a valued artist here is being great at drawing!
You will be expected to generate exciting environment and character art for pitches; and during production, you will create flawless backgrounds, props, and character rigs, ready for animation or integration within a game or app. You will be expected to quickly get up to speed on our CBeebies property, Tee and Mo as you will find yourself generating character art, props and backgrounds and animating the characters for broadcast.
You will be working in a small but dynamic team, and we need you to be a team player, happy to take direction from co-workers, and not too shy to ask questions.
- Developing 2d character designs for TV production and games.
- Creating background and world designs for TV production and games.
- Animating for TV production and games.
- Working directly with the Art Director to finalise and develop key, production-ready artwork.
- Creating pitch concepts and visuals.
- Working with existing brands and adhering closely to brand guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of the entire Adobe Suite.
- Very high standard of drawing and animation skills.
- A minimum 4 years experience.
- Ability to manage daily and weekly tasks independently and formulate structures within project workflows and working files.
- Ability to manage the look and feel of projects and ensure standards are retained from start to completion of a project.
If you can do any of the following, these skills will be put to good use:
- An understanding of the Photoshop to After Effects to Premiere pipeline.
- An understanding of character design and rigging.
- Graphic design skills for logos and user interface design.
- Experience working on a 2D animated series
Working here, you will have the opportunity to:
- Produce key artwork and animation for games and TV content aimed at a young audience, from pitch to production.
- Work as part of the core art team on a TV series.
- Develop brand new TV and game ideas, creating key characters and stunning story worlds.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, your CV, and your portfolio to Roseanna at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Plug-In Media Ltd
3rd Floor, St Augustine's Centre
Brighton, BN1 6EA, UK
All Rights Reserved
© Plug-In Media 2018